The Castle Creations 1717, 1650KV Sensored 4-Pole Brushless Motor is a blast from the past with the added benefit of sensored capabilities! Featuring an improved 4-POLE 12-SLOT design, the sensored 1717 boasts exceptional efficiency and will generate less heat than comparable motors. This motor is a great option for any 1/6th scale model weighing up to 20 lbs and running up to 8s LiPo. The 1717 is also a great upgrade for drivers looking for an incredibly high torque 8s motor for 1/8th scale models as well!
Without a robust and reliable design, efficiency will only go so far. Castle engineers know this and spared no expense when developing a design that could hold up to the harsh conditions that the RC community will throw at it, resulting in a cooler running motor. A cooler motor has a longer lifetime. Construction of this motor required careful component selection; each verified through internal testing to ensure the HIGHEST EFFICIENCY possible. In the end, the result is a motor with unmatched quality, performance, and reliability.
- Running modes include Sensored and an ULTRA-EFFICIENT sensorless mode.
- High-strength, high-temperature grade neodymium sintered magnets combined with High-strength Kevlar wrap ensures the integrity of the rotor is not compromised during harsh running conditions.
- Oversized NMB bearings and vibration dampening system ensure the longest bearing life possible.
- Proprietary winding techniques produce a stator assembly that is the lowest possible resistance, resulting in a cooler running motor.
- Updated modern and sleek design; looks as cool as it performs.
- IMPROVED 4-POLE 12-SLOT design boasts exceptional EFFICIENCY and produces LESS HEAT.
- QUIETSENSE™ technology shields the sensors from magnetic field noise generated from the motor coils and keeps your motor and ESC in sync at all times. Use of a Flux Shield™ in conjunction with secondary Sense Magnets delivers even HIGHER PRECISION and MORE EFFICIENT startups.
- OPTIMIZED design eliminates the need for mechanical timing adjustments. Sensor alignment method delivers uniform timing and torque in both directions, automatically.
Input Voltage Range: 8S LiPo Max
Max. RPM: 56,000
Size: Diameter: 1.87” (47.6mm) Length: 3.35” (85.1mm)
Weight (w/wires): 21.08 oz./597.6g
Shaft Size: Length: 20mm
Mounting Hole Specifications: M3 and M4 @ 25.4mm (1")
Cooling Fan: N/A
Connectors: 6.5mm male bullets
Recommended ESC(s): Mamba Monster X 8S
Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: Vehicles weighing less than 20lbs.
Running modes: Sensorless and Sensored
Product Use Statements: Monitor motor temperatures closely; overheating a motor will cause permanent damage to the magnets. Never exceed 180° F on the the motor or ESC.
Application Guidelines: The 1717-1650Kv is a water resistant design. The sensor board is coated with silicone conformal coating to protect the sensors from moisture. The sensor connections are not water resistant; water can cause signal loss which could result in loss of sensored capabilities. Castle recommends applying dielectric grease to the outside of the sensor wire connections after installation of the wire. Routine maintenance is recommended after running in wet conditions. Please refer to the owners manual for running and maintaining motors in wet environments.