This is the Castle Creations 2028 Sensored 4-Pole Brushless Motor. Designed for those that are ready to take their extreme speed setups to the next level this high RPM version provides incredible power! With the success of the 1721-2400kv speed run motor Castle Creations went even bigger with this 2028 version. With a larger diameter and length, this 2028 motor handles more power/wattage allowing for more torque and speed potential.
Ideal for running up to 8s LiPo in 1/8 and 1/7 scale vehicles, this motor features an updated mechanical design with a stainless-steel sleeve to reinforce and strengthen the rotor for high RPM operation. Coupled to a massive 8mm stainless steel motor shaft, 8.0mm bullets and high strand, low resistance, silicone coated 8 gauge copper wire, the 2028-1700Kv will deliver massive power and maximum top end speed.
BEFORE PURCHASING - PLEASE READ ALL DISCLAIMERS REGARDING WARRANTY AND PRODUCT USE WARNINGS ABOUT THIS PRODUCT.
WARRANTY: Castle products are backed by the industry's best service and support. This motor is balanced and tested during manufacture and is warranted free from defects in materials and workmanship for 30 days following the original date of purchase. Due to the abusive nature of speed run setups, Castle is not liable for incidental or consequential damages to other equipment such as ESCs and batteries when using this motor and is not responsible for failures resulting from abuse, improper installation, misapplication or alteration.
WARNING: Speed run setups are inherently abusive and extremely hard on all electronic components. Every component in the configuration can be strained, weakened (or worse) without using extreme caution, observance of electric theory and advanced knowledge of all aspects of the RC hobby. High speed runs and drag racing are the most advanced, aggressive and volatile applications in the RC car hobby. Improper setup or use of this product can result in catastrophic failures of the motor, ESC and/or batteries. We’ve outlined important product use information below; following these guidelines will significantly reduce failures and increase your happiness and excitement. If you have any questions, just give us a call; we have real people right here in the USA ready to help you get the most (as safely as possible) from your setup.
- This is an extremely powerful motor designed for advanced and experienced users only. Below are suggestions for increasing your likelihood of success but it is not guaranteed.
- This is a VERY high RPM motor. Start with very conservative gearing (small pinion/large spur).
- Check your data logs, temperatures and setup closely after each run to ensure you are not stressing components.
- This motor is intended for single passes only; allow time between runs for the ESC, batteries and motor to cool down to ambient temperatures.
- This motor can pull very high amperages. Make sure your batteries, connectors and soldering are capable of handling the loads. Inadequate power can cause poor performance and damage the batteries and/or ESC.
- Do NOT free rev the motor with no load, particularly when running 6s or higher. The RPM output of the motor is much higher with no load as the kv and battery voltages do not drop.
- Set ESC timing to Lowest (0). This motor will pull considerably more amperage as you increase timing. This does not necessarily equate to more speed as it puts more strain on the batteries and causes the voltage to sag. Less is more sometimes.
- Do not exceed 33.6v when using this motor.
- Be sure your pinion and motor bullets are secure before and after each run.