- An Aviat Aircraft Company officially licensed version of the iconic aerobat
- High-power, 3S- and 4S-compatible brushless outrunner motor and 40A ESC
- Spektrum™ 6-channel receiver with industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Unmatched stability and precision of AS3X® technology for smoother flight performance
- Easy to fly with optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- Scale outline and surface detail, plus a matching spinner and appointed cockpit
- Durable aluminum landing gear with scale covers and wheel pants
- Tool-free wing assembly with quick-release hardware
- Optional-use flying wires included for added scale looks
- Large cockpit hatch and removable tray simplifies battery installation
- Lightweight and durable EPO foam construction
- Factory-finished with a scale trim scheme
Nothing compares to a Pitts biplane. Critics around the globe agree—flying one will spoil nearly all other aerobatic experiences. First flown almost 75 years ago, to this day the Pitts plans, kits, and finished biplanes that leave the Aviat Aircraft Company, are all remarkably similar to the pioneering original design. The E-flite® Pitts S-1S park flyer is a tribute to the Curtis Pitts design that distinctively combines an authentic appearance with great handling for incredible performance any RC pilot can appreciate.
The E-flite® Pitts S-1S scale biplane is an officially licensed replica of the full-scale aerobatic icon that’s expertly designed and equipped to deliver a flight experience that’s easy to enjoy. The overall dimensions distinctly capture the revolutionary Pitts outlines while EPO construction helps present scale detail with a high level of durability. Even though installing and removing the wings is incredibly simple and tool-free, this beautiful bipe is sized so you probably never need to take it apart. Like the full-scale, under the hood is the kind of power that distinguishes this aerobat as a potent performer with virtually unlimited potential. Ballistic vertical climbs, dizzying snaps, crisp rolls and sharp corners are just a few of its specialties. Scale pilots will appreciate its smooth flight performance and level of detail, while everyone will enjoy its power system versatility. Whether you choose to fly this one-of-a-kind aerobat on a 3S or 4S LiPo, this Pitts S-1S bipe will deliver an aerobatic experience without equal.
- Full-range, 5+ Channel DSMX®/DSM2® transmitter
- 1800–2200mAh 3–4S LiPo flight battery
- Compatible LiPo charger
- (1) Pitts S-1S 850mm BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select
- (1) Spektrum 6-Channel Receiver
- (4) Spektrum 9-Gram Servo
- (1) E-flite 40A Brushless ESC
- (1) E-flite 10-Size, 1200Kv Brushless Outrunner Motor
- (1) User Manual
The high-power brushless power system features an ESC, motor and prop that combine with a 3S LiPo battery to deliver an abundance of thrust and beyond-scale performance. Or you can install a 4S battery for ballistic, rocket ship-like vertical power and way beyond scale performance without the need for any modifications or upgrades.
Tool-Free Field Assembly
Although sized to fit fully assembled in just about any vehicle, installation and removal of the wings is tool-free for the ultimate in convenience. Pins easily secure the struts into the wings while each center hard point is locked into place with adjustable locator pins and body clips.
Construction with durable EPO material makes it possible to replicate complex detail in a lightweight form. The result is an outstanding scale appearance that’s easy to maintain and allows the most satisfying flight experience possible to shine through.
|Completion Level||Bind-N-Fly Basic|
|Minimum Required Radio||Full-Range 5+ Channel DSMX/DSM2|
|Product Length||31 in (787mm)|
|Recommended Motor Battery||1800-2200mAh 3-4S LiPo with EC3 Connector|
|Wing Area||437 sq in (28.2 sq dm)|
|Wingspan||33.5 in (850 mm)|