Brian Kinwald, tire gluing aficionado and pro driver says: “I glue a lot of tires and this is the best I’ve used.”
JConcepts tips for a properly mounted tire:
- Wash hands prior to assembling and gluing.
- Clean bead area of tire with all purpose cleaner. Green Biodegradable cleaner and window cleaner are popular choices.
- Avoid touching bead area for best bond strength.
- Use only high quality (JCI2043M), purpose built tire glue.
- Slide the glue tip applicator partially (force fit) onto bottle and cut tube to desired length.
- Pull back tire bead area and apply a liberal amount of glue to mating surfaces.
- Wipe excess glue with a rag and allow to dry in a warm ventilated area. Direct sunlight is best.
- Place JConcepts tire mounting rubber bands (JCI2005) around the outside of the sidewall to assist in proper positioning.
- Check your work and perform any touch-up necessary.
- Go racing.