We are back again with some helpful information on RC Car Batteries! This article will help you determine which type of battery is a good fit for you and the advantages vs disadvantages of each type.
Note: When choosing a battery you have to make sure you have the proper charger that works with that battery type.
Let's Get into it!
- LiPos are lighter and smaller in dimension.
- Not limited in the shape or size they can come in.
- Have higer capacities and voltages - this can potentially allow for more speed and power. Typical Voltages include: 7.4V, 11.1V, 14.8V, and 22.2V
- They discharge energy at a different and flatter rate which is what allows them to have more power. This allows for a more consistent stream of energy to your motor.
- Charge Faster
- LiPos can be dangerous. If the battery is not stored properly or if it becomes damaged and punctured, fire could occur.
- They have a shorter life span meaning they last between 300 and 400 cycles.
"LiPos are made of carbon and highly reactive lithium, which can store a lot of energy. With the flat structure the inner resistance is smaller (UPOWER)."
- More User Friendly
- Typically can endure more charging cycles, meaning they potentially have a larger life span.
- They cost less then LiPos.
- Not as likely to catch fire if punctured.
- This battery loses power throughout the run, meaning your car slowly loses power until the battery is completely dead.
- Heavy Weight
- Lower Voltages: Typically come in 3.6V and 7.2V, etc.
"NiMH batteries use hydrogen to store energy, with nickel and another metal (such as titanium) keeping a lid on the hydrogen ions. It often comes in a cylindrical shape.(UPOWER)."
What are your opinions on these Batteries? Leave us a comment below! Check out our Batteries Here.
- Nosy Nation: LiPo vs NiMH: What's your battery of choice? (2016).
- UPOWER: 8 Difference Between Nimh vs Lipo Battery
- 3 comments
- Tags: Adrenaline RC, Batteries, Battery, Buggy, Cars, Dirt, Dirt Track Racing, Epic, Fun, Hydride, Jumping, LiPo, Lithium, Lithium Polymer, Losi, Metal, Mugen, Nickel, Nickel Metal Hydride, NiMH, Off Road, Open for Business, Polymer, Raceway, Racing, Racing Etiquette, RC Car Battery, RC Cars, Remote Control, Rock Crawlers, Shop Local, Small Business, Tekno, Track, Traxxas, TRL